Evening Primrose Oil
Native Americans used evening primrose oil to help heal bruises and skin conditions. While evening primrose oil is commonly taken orally to improve skin, there is growing evidence to show that applying the oil topically also holds many benefits. In particular, it's been shown to improve the skin’s outer-most layer when applied directly to the skin.
What makes evening primrose oil special is its high concentration of the omega 6 fatty acid, gamma-linolenic acid (9%). In fact, evening primrose oil contains the highest level of gamma-linolenic acid than any other plant oil. Gamma-linoleic acid has anti-inflammatory properties, while also promoting cell membrane stabilizer activity in the body. This makes evening primrose oil particularly good for ageing, irritated, and damaged skin, as well as calming acne flair ups.
Evening primrose oil also contains linoleic acid (65%-80%), oleic acid (6-11%) and palmitic acid (7-10%), which are all vital to skin health.
We here at Pharmaoil believe strongly in Evening Primrose oil’s ability to optomise skin health, which is why it is a common ingredient in Pharmaoil products.
- Pharmaoil Skin Therapy 60ml
- Pharmaoil Skin Therapy 100ml
- Pharmaoil Lip Conditioner
- Pharmaoil Bath Salts 250g
- Pharmaoil Nut Free Skin Therapy 100ml
- Pharmaoil Intensive Skin Drops - For Dry Skin 25ml
- Pharmaoil Intensive Skin Drops - For Normal, Oily or Combination Skin 25ml
- Pharmaoil Intensive Skin Drops - For Older Skin 25ml
- Pharmaoil Intensive Skin Drops - For Sensitive and Irritated Skin 25ml
- Pharmaoil Intensive Skin Drops - For Acne 25ml
- Pharmaoil Intensive Skin Drops - For Stretch Marks and Scars 25ml
- Pharmaoil Zinc Therapy 60ml