People in the tropics have been using coconut oil as a moisturiser for centuries. It’s also been used to help reduce inflammation and to take the red out of sunburn, rashes and wounds.
What makes coconut oil special is its unique combination of medium-chain fatty acids, including lauric acid (45%), myristic acid (20%), palmitic acid (10%) and calprylic acid (10%), as well as stearic, linoleic and caproic acids. In fact, coconut oil is nature’s richest source of medium-chain fatty acids, which are more easily broken down by our bodies than the more common large-chain fatty acids. This means coconut oil is more easily absorbed by our skin as a moisturiser without any greasiness.
Lauric acid has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. The only other thing on earth that contains as much lauric acid as what is in coconut oil is human breast milk. Coconut oil is a common ingredient in Pharmaoil products because of its unique properties.
- Pharmaoil Skin Therapy 60ml
- Pharmaoil Skin Therapy 100ml
- Pharmaoil Scrub 100ml
- Pharmaoil Lip Conditioner
- Pharmaoil Scrub 250ml
- Pharmaoil Bath Salts 250g
- Pharmaoil Nut Free Skin Therapy 100ml
- Pharmaoil Intensive Skin Drops - For Normal, Oily or Combination Skin 25ml
- Pharmaoil Intensive Skin Drops - For Sensitive and Irritated Skin 25ml
- Pharmaoil Zinc Therapy 60ml