Castor oil has been used in many cultures for treating skin conditions since Ancient Egypt. It is derived from the castor bean plant, which is native to tropical Africa.
What makes castor oil special is its unusual chemical composition. Castor oil contains almost 90 per cent Ricinoleic acid - an omega 9 fatty acid that has antibacterial and anti-inflamatory properties. It also contains oleic acid (7%) and linoliec acid (3%).
As a tryglyceride of fatty acids, castor oil works to restore the skin’s natural balance, which is important when treating dry skin. The combination also works to relieve inflamed, itchy and irritated skin. Castor oil’s antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties make it good to use on acne as well as fungal infections.
This is why castor oil is used in Pharmaoil products to help with irritated and sensitive skin, as well as to help with acne.
- Pharmaoil Skin Therapy 60ml
- Pharmaoil Skin Therapy 100ml
- Pharmaoil Lip Conditioner
- Pharmaoil Bath Salts 250g
- Pharmaoil Nut Free Skin Therapy 100ml
- Pharmaoil Intensive Skin Drops - For Dry Skin 25ml
- Pharmaoil Intensive Skin Drops - For Older Skin 25ml
- Pharmaoil Intensive Skin Drops - For Sensitive and Irritated Skin 25ml
- Pharmaoil Intensive Skin Drops - For Acne 25ml
- Pharmaoil Intensive Skin Drops - For Stretch Marks and Scars 25ml
- Pharmaoil Zinc Therapy 60ml