Avocado oil is unique in that it is one of the few plant oils that is not derived from seeds. Rather it is extracted from the fleshy green pulp that we eat. This may help explain its rich, natural hydrating properties and why it is more deeply absorbed than other oils, carrying nutrients to the skin’s deepest levels.
Avocodo oil contains a number of fatty acids, including oleic (74%) linoleic (14%), palmitic (13%), palmitoleic (4%) linolenic (2%) and stearic (2%). Avocado oil is rich in Vitamins A, D and E. In fact avocado has the highest level of Vitamin E of any fruits - a powerful antioxidant with anti-ageing properties. It is also the only plant oil to contain Vitamin D, which is vital for skin health. It is rich in sterolins, which help reduce the incidence of skin spots and phytosterols, which resembles the natural cholesterol of the skin.
Because of all of these things, avocado oil is particularly beneficial for mature and sensitive skin and is used in many Pharmaoil products.
- Pharmaoil Skin Therapy 60ml
- Pharmaoil Skin Therapy 100ml
- Pharmaoil Scrub 100ml
- Pharmaoil Lip Conditioner
- Pharmaoil Scrub 250ml
- Pharmaoil Bath Salts 250g
- Pharmaoil Nut Free Skin Therapy 100ml
- Pharmaoil Intensive Skin Drops - For Dry Skin 25ml
- Pharmaoil Intensive Skin Drops - For Older Skin 25ml
- Pharmaoil Intensive Skin Drops - For Sensitive and Irritated Skin 25ml
- Pharmaoil Intensive Skin Drops - For Acne 25ml
- Pharmaoil Intensive Skin Drops - For Stretch Marks and Scars 25ml
- Pharmaoil Zinc Therapy 60ml